Shape Up, Trim Down
Have you looked in the full-length mirror lately with the thought of that upcoming wedding, class reunion or beach vacation looming in the back of your mind? It’s May, which means you will have to shed the winter clothes soon. If you are not feeling confident about what’s hiding under all those layers, it’s not too late to make effective changes that will eliminate flab and give you confidence for summer activities. Follow these tips, starting now!
- Start strength training. Commit to full-body strength training a minimum of three times a week to tone and build lean muscle. Building more strength means you’ll lose more weight and tighten those problem spots, like abs.
- Focus on the butt and belly. Everyone knows tight glutes and a flat belly are the keys to a great swimsuit body, so focus extra attention on exercises that work these areas. Here are some lower-body workout ideas from Fitness Magazine.
- Drink ice cold water – often. Drinking water helps boost metabolism, cleanse your body of waste and suppress appetite. Your body has to work harder to warm up cold water, which burns more calories and helps you to lose weight.
- Cut back on carbs. Even a modest reduction in the consumption of processed, starchy carbohydrates such as breads, bagels, pasta, cookies and crackers helps to reduce body fat. Processed carbs contain high amounts of sugar, which has been linked to type 2 diabetes. Opt for fresh fruits and vegetables and lean meat instead.
- Track your progress. A recent study found that those who track their progress using a mobile app drop more pounds than those who keep paper logs.
Successful weight management begins with a positive attitude and avoiding common weight loss mistakes. Learn about The Top 3 Barriers to a Summer-Ready Body.
Lose Weight & Feel Great with Weigh Forward®
RediClinic’s groundbreaking Weigh Forward® program is a 10-visit weight loss program that encompasses diet/nutrition, physical activity and behavior modification, all supervised by health clinic professionals. With Weigh Forward, you’ll have the tools you need to effectively lose weight and maintain lifelong weight control. Download the interactive Weigh Forward app to keep you accountable and on track to reach your weight loss and fitness goals!
Get started on the Weigh Forward program today at your nearest Texas RediClinic walk-in clinic!