6 Surefire Ways to Stay Fit Through the Holidays
With the holiday season comes a busy schedule of family gatherings and work parties – with plenty of rich food, sweet treats and drinks to go around. For those who have worked hard to lose weight and improve their overall health in the past year, this season can be especially difficult to navigate. That’s why the experts at RediClinic health clinic have ideas to help you stay fit through the holidays!
Get Creative with Exercise
- Create an exercise schedule. Plan your workouts so you can rest on those days you want to spend time with friends and family. That way, you won’t have to skip any gym sessions when visitors come knocking at your door.
- Walk more. Try to walk farther than normal when going about your normal routine. If possible, walk to work or take the stairs instead of the elevator. Go Christmas shopping at the mall instead of ordering online. Just 20 minutes of brisk walking can burn 100-150 calories! Get tips on how to exercise safely in cold weather.
- Keep moving while on the road. The holidays mean travel for many Americans, and you can’t take your gym with you. Burn those extra calories by completing this Holiday Fitness Plan from Women’s Health while on the road. No gym or equipment is required for the 20-minute cardio interval sessions!
- Make fitness a family affair. Opt for fun ways to get your family moving. Participate in a turkey trot on Thanksgiving, go for a walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights or head to the local tree farm to find the perfect Christmas tree. The steps will add up while you are spending quality time with family and friends.
- Score some new gear. If you can afford it, purchase some new workout clothing or exercise equipment before Thanksgiving to give yourself extra motivation to stay active during the holiday season.
- Enlist the help of professionals. A safe and effective weight loss program can keep you focused on your weight management and health gain goals. Look for a program that offers one-on-one support and guidance through the holidays and beyond.
For high-quality, convenient and affordable healthcare, make an online appointment at a RediClinic near you! Our clinics are open seven days a week, with extended weekday hours for your convenience.
Stick with Your Exercise Plan Winter can be an especially challenging time to stay motivated to exercise, and not just because the weather is colder, snowier and icier. Fewer daylight hours and changes in routine due to the holidays make it easy ...