It’s Time to Get a Jump Start on Camp Physicals
If your child is planning to attend a summer camp for the first time this year, you’ve both got an adventure ahead! Summer camp can do wonders for kids’ confidence and sense of independence while giving parents some much-needed downtime. The key to preparing for this experience is to start early with a camp physical at RediClinic.
Make This The Best Summer Ever
Camp physicals are a mandatory requirement for campers and counselors alike, and RediClinic is the most convenient and affordable choice for this service. As part of the physical, a RediClinic board-certified clinician will review the camper’s medical and immunization history, examine vision, and assess overall health and mobility. If your child is attending a sports camp, a more comprehensive sports physical exam may be required.
Here are a few tips to help your child get the most out of the camp experience and other outdoor activities this summer!
- Get vaccinated. If your child’s vaccinations are not up-to-date, RediClinic can administer required vaccines to protect against common diseases.
- Encourage safe physical activity. Teach your child to wear safety gear such as life jackets and helmets when participating in outdoor activities.
- Pack protection and be prepared. Make sure bags include all items on the camp packing list — sun protection using broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher is a must, plus insect repellent and pack extra underwear, socks and t-shirts.
- Stress the importance of staying hydrated. Encourage your children to drink water and other non-carbonated beverages throughout the day. They should not wait until they are thirsty to drink. Seek shade to help prevent sunburn and dehydration.
- Avoid wild animals. Summer is prime season for spotting wildlife, but remind your children that wild animals are only to be observed from a distance. They can attack if threatened and many carry diseases.
- Point out special needs. If your child has food allergies or other special needs, notify your clinician so they can be clearly marked on the camp application and physical form.
Get a Camp Physical at RediClinic
There is not a simpler or more convenient way to get a camp physical exam than at RediClinic. We are open seven days a week, including extended weekday hours, inside select Rite Aid Pharmacies and H-E-B grocery stores. Walk-ins are welcome and online appointments are available for a same- or next-day visit.
Make an online appointment at the RediClinic nearest you!
Thyroid hormone is produced by the thyroid gland, a small, butterfly-shaped gland in the front of the neck. Despite its small size, this gland has an immense effect on nearly every cell in the body. That’s because thyroid hormone controls the ...