$109† or Dr. Office copay
Eye irritation is a fairly common problem and one that is easily remedied through change of habit and the use of eye protection and some over-the-counter solutions. However, if it happens often enough, it can affect your daily productivity and quality of life.
Symptoms of Eye Irritation
The most common symptoms of eye irritation are:
- Persistent stinging or burning sensation
These may also be accompanied by minor swelling, aching, increased tear production, a gritty sensation between the lids, and increased sensitivity to light.
Common Causes of Eye Irritation
- Allergies – The eyes are among the organs most frequently affected by allergies. During allergy season, your eyes may turn red and get itchy, puffy and watery.
- Contact lenses – Several comfort, vision and safety issues can develop when contact lens maintenance and replacement guidelines are not followed carefully; eye irritation is one of these issues.
- Dry eyes – The combination of water, oil and mucus in tears helps protect and lubricate the eyes. When the eyes don’t produce enough tears, they become vulnerable to irritation and corneal abrasions. Several factors can lead to dry eyes, including dry air, medication and too much time spent looking at a computer screen.
- Physical and chemical irritants – Dust, chlorinated pool water, paint fumes and vehicular smoke are all fairly common eye irritants.
- Infections and other medical conditions – Examples of infections and conditions that have eye irritation as a common symptom include conjunctivitis, blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids), and even rheumatoid arthritis and Sjögren’s syndrome.
Treatment & Tips
Most treatments for eye irritation do not require a consultation. However, if you’re experiencing persistent eye irritation and would like to consult a healthcare professional, schedule a visit with your nearest RediClinic. Look for us inside select Rite Aid Pharmacies near you.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.