Sinus Infections (Rhinosinusitis)
$109 or Dr. Office copay
Rhinosinusitis is an infection of the sinus cavities usually caused by viruses or bacteria. Occasionally, fungi (molds) may cause rhinosinusitis. In addition, people who have asthma, weak immune systems or structural blockages in the nose or sinuses, are at greater risk for developing rhinosinusitis.
There are two main types of sinus infections, both with cold-like symptoms. However, a secondary bacterial infection can occur when excess fluid cannot drain from the sinuses. It can be difficult to tell when the infection is caused by a virus, and when it is bacterial.
- Acute rhinosinusitis starts suddenly and doesn’t subside for 10 to 14 days, and lasts for up to four weeks.
- Chronic rhinosinusitis lasts eight weeks or longer.
Symptoms may include:
- Facial pain or pressure
- Nasal stuffiness and discharge
- Loss of smell
- Cough or congestion
- Bad breath
- Dental pain
- Pus in the nasal cavity
- Discolored postnasal drainage
Annually, 31 million people in the United States are afflicted with sinus infections, making it a major health problem.
Diagnosis & Treatment
If you are suffering from symptoms of rhinosinusitis, come to RediClinic. We are available at your convenience, seven days a week, for high-quality, affordable healthcare.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.