Skin Rashes and Infections
$109 or Dr. Office copay
A rash is an abnormal change in skin color or texture usually caused by skin inflammation. When an area of skin becomes inflamed or infected, it can cause discomfort and worry. There are many causes of skin rashes. These include hot weather, insect bites, allergens, immune system disorders, reactions to some medications, and infections. Infections that cause rashes may be fungal, bacterial, parasitic or viral.
Eczema is a general term that describes a number of conditions in which skin is inflamed, red, scaly and itchy. Atopic dermatitis, also called atopic eczema, is one of the most common types of eczema. The condition creates rashes that appear on the face, neck, trunk, arms and legs. Atopic dermatitis is a chronic condition that will flare up periodically and then recede for a while. Home remedies include avoiding harsh soaps and detergents or other irritants. Applying medicated creams or lotions can lessen symptoms or reduce the risk of flare-ups.
Other Skin Conditions
Chronic skin conditions such as eczema normally aren’t curable, but they can be managed using lifestyle changes and certain medications. Other common skin conditions are:
- Psoriasis – produces thick red plaques covered with silvery scales.
- Acne – largely seen in adolescents, about 20% of all cases occur in adults.
- Rosacea – mainly affects skin on the face causing redness on the nose, chin, cheeks and forehead.
Skin infections fall into three groups:
- Bacterial – carbuncles, staph infections, cellulitis, impetigo, boils
- Fungal – athlete’s foot, jock itch, ringworm and yeast infections
- Viral – shingles, chicken pox, herpes, cold sores
Diagnosis & Treatment
Rashes and skin infections can usually be diagnosed with an analysis of a person’s history of symptoms and with an examination of the skin. A test of an area of scaly or crusted skin can be used to rule out other skin diseases or infections. Medications can be used to treat eczema-related rashes. Bacterial infections may be treated with antibiotics. Your RediClinic clinician has the experience to determine the proper treatment to get you healthy.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.