Why Everyone Needs a Yearly Physical
A basic physical – sometimes called a wellness check – gives your RediClinic clinician a handle on the general status of your health. We recommend that you have it scheduled at least once a year, even if you feel well and haven’t needed to see a doctor for a while.
Basic physicals are used to:
- Identify issues that may lead to health problems in the future.
- Check for symptoms of existing conditions that can be treated early.
- Update your immunizations.
- Ensure that you are maintaining healthy habits.
What’s included in a basic physical?
Some of the evaluations we provide during a routine physical include:
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure
- Eyes, ears, nose and throat
- Neck and chest
- Heart and abdomen
- Lymph nodes
- Skin and muscles
- Joints and spine
Your RediClinic clinician will also go over your personal and family medical history, check your vaccination status and ask lifestyle questions that have a direct bearing on your health.
How to prepare for your physical
Knowing what to expect during a basic physical will help you get the most out of your time with your doctor and keep you from forgetting anything vital. Below are some tips to help you get ready for your appointment:
- Take note of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you are currently on, including supplements.
- Bring a copy of the results of all recent and relevant medical tests.
- Bring a copy of your medical history.
- Provide the names and contact details of any healthcare providers you consulted recently.
- Observe and note down any symptoms you are experiencing.
- If you have an implanted device (such as a pacemaker or heart valve), bring a copy of your medical device ID card.
If you need a routine physical, RediClinic is your most convenient and affordable healthcare option. Click the button below to find a RediClinic near you.
Use My Location
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.