Why do kids need camp physicals?
Pre-participation physicals are mandatory for campers and counselors alike at most camps. The requirement ensures that each participant will be able to be involved in all activities and enjoy the full camp experience.
Having your child undergo a head-to-toe evaluation also gives your RediClinic clinician an opportunity to:
- Identify general health and potential health problems that could interfere with camp participation.
- Evaluate preexisting conditions and make recommendations for treatment.
What’s included in a camp physical?
During a camp physical, a RediClinic clinician will review the camper’s medical and immunization history and assess mobility and general health. Other measurements taken and evaluations performed during a camp physical include:
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure
- Eyes, ears, nose and throat
- Neck and chest
- Heart and abdomen
- Lymph nodes
- Skin and muscles
- Joints and spine
After the physical, RediClinic will provide a printed summary of your child’s statistics and immunizations for the camp’s records as well as your own. Your clinician will also complete and stamp any paperwork required by the camp. The end goal of the physical is to make sure your camper is healthy and fully prepared to participate in the program of activities planned out for them. A healthy camper is a happy camper!
What should I bring?
Bring any required forms related to camp physicals to your child’s appointment. This includes his or her completed medical and immunization history and any other required forms.
RediClinic is your most convenient and affordable healthcare option for camp physicals. Schedule a visit online at RediClinic.com/appts. Our clinics are open seven days a week, including weekends, holidays and extended weekday hours.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.