Why do schools require physicals?
School physicals are a survey of general wellness and an opportunity for young patients to build a medical history. These preventative care visits are a good way to monitor growth and development, safeguard against emerging problems and check whether students are up-to-date on immunizations.
What’s included in a school physical?
During a school physical at RediClinic, a board-certified clinician will perform a routine physical exam and review your child’s medical history.
- Routine physical –Some of the measurements and evaluations we provide during a routine physical include:
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure
- Eyes, ears, nose and throat
- Neck and chest
- Heart and abdomen
- Lymph nodes
- Skin and muscles
- Joints and spine
- Medical history – Your RediClinic clinician will go over your child’s record of illnesses, hospitalizations and medications.
- Immunizations – He or she will also assess whether your child is up-to-date on immunizations according to state guidelines.
After the physical, RediClinic will provide a printed summary of your child’s statistics and immunizations for the school’s records as well as your own. Your clinician will also complete and stamp any paperwork required by the school.
What should I bring?
Bring any required forms related to school physicals to your child’s appointment. This includes his or her completed medical and immunization history and any other required forms.
Schedule your child’s back-to-school physical at a RediClinic near you. Our board-certified clinicians are available seven days a week for your family’s convenience.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.