Don’t play sports without a physical
Pre-participation physicals are mandatory for most sports programs. They allow clinicians to determine whether an individual is in good health and physically able to participate in the activities planned.
What does a sports physical include?
During a sports physical, a RediClinic clinician will review the patient’s medical history and perform a head-to-toe examination. Some of the measurements and evaluations we conduct during a sports physical include:
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure
- Eyes, ears, nose and throat
- Neck and chest
- Heart and abdomen
- Lymph nodes
- Skin and muscles
- Joints and spine
How to prepare for a sports physical
As with any type of physical, it helps to bring all relevant information and documentation to your appointment. These items may include:
- List of current medications and supplements
- Previous hospitalizations or surgeries
- Past illnesses and injuries
- Serious illnesses among immediate family members
Make a list of any questions and concerns you’d like to bring up during the visit. Recommendations and training tips may be given to help athletes avoid injury, identify risk factors or deal with existing health problems that may interfere with their performance. Whenever necessary, additional tests, follow-up exams or specific treatment for medical problems will be recommended.
After the physical, RediClinic will provide a printed summary of the patient’s statistics and immunizations. Your clinician will also complete and stamp any paperwork required by the sports program.
For convenient and affordable physicals, schedule a visit online to your nearest RediClinic. We’re open seven days a week, evenings and weekends included.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.