DTaP (Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis Vaccine) at RediClinic – $101
Diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis are serious diseases caused by bacteria. Diphtheria and pertussis are spread from person to person. Tetanus enters the body through breaks in the skin.
- Diphtheria. Diphtheria can cause a thick covering in the back of the throat. It can lead to breathing problems, paralysis, heart failure and even death.
- Tetanus. Tetanus causes painful tightening of the muscles, usually all over the body. It can lead to locking of the jaw so the victim cannot open his mouth or swallow. Tetanus leads to death in up to 20% of cases.
- Pertussis. Pertussis, or whooping cough, can cause coughing spells so bad that it is hard for infants to eat, drink or breathe . For other babies, pertussis causes them to stop breathing and turn blue. These spells can last for weeks and lead to pneumonia, seizures, brain damage and death.
DTaP can help prevent all of these diseases. Most children who are vaccinated with DTaP will be protected throughout childhood.
Who should get DTaP and when?
Children should get five doses of DTaP, one dose at each of the following ages:
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 15–18 months
- 4–6 years
DTaP may be given at the same time as other vaccines.
Vaccines for Older Children & Adults
DTaP is not licensed for adolescents, adults or children seven years of age and older. But older people still need protection. A vaccine called Tdap is similar to DTaP. A single dose of Tdap is recommended for people 11 through 64 years of age. Another vaccine, called Td, protects against tetanus and diphtheria, but not pertussis. It is recommended every 10 years. Learn more.
- Very knowledgeable and professional employees that I have encountered today. Did not have to wait long at all.
- YelpConvenient for a useful, but limited set of things.
- Very simple, easy and effective treatment. In and out in 30 min. Thanks!
- Wonderful experience!
- YelpGreat staff and great service. The staff was helpful, polite and the doctor was attentive to my needs.
At RediClinic, we offer Get Healthy services to diagnose, treat, and prescribe medications (when appropriate) for common illnesses and injuries in adults and children over the age of 18 months.
At RediClinic, you will always receive the best care from our qualified clinicians. Some of the Live Healthy services we provide are Physicals, Vaccinations, Health Screenings, Diabetes Testing, etc.